You can find some juicy facts about the 488 – rumored to be the name – GTO in this article. Lighter carbon fiber 20’’ rims, biggest power increase was ever done in the hardcore V8 lineup and a unique racing exhaust. Scroll down to read more information about the car!
They shared some mind-blowing facts about the car. One of our sources attended a private viewing of the car this evening. There’s no way we can be certain about the car receiving the mighty GTO badge because on most slides of the presentation we can read
You can basically count the pixels of the pictures we received, so here are all the statements:
- -40% weight vs standard alloy rims
- The engine will be the most powerful V8 ever used in a Ferrari, which means at least 700 screaming horses.
- It’s an evolution of the 488 Challenge egine.
- It’s 10% lighter than the engine used in the 488 GTB.
- It delivers a unique track-like sound.
- Racing interior including: aluminium floor panels and no glovebox.
- Highest utilisation of carbon fiber on a range car.
- The front hood, front bumper, rear spoiler and rear bumper are fully made out of carbon fiber.
- The highest racing technology transfer on a street homologated Ferrari.
- +20% aero efficiencies compared to the 488 GTB.
- GTE inspired rear diffuser.
- Active rear spoiler.
- New race gearshift strategy.
- Extremely direct steering ratio.
- New Michelin Sport Cup 2 tyres.
Another thing we can be sure off is that one of the show cars will be presented in a black spec.